Monday, February 26, 2024

The Wrong Drink | Costa Tropical Gazette News

Four young individuals ended up in hospital after mistakenly drinking a caustic liquid whilst out drinking in the skiing village on Sierra Nevada.

GRA Hospital San Cecilio-PTS

The men, aged between 18 and 23, turned up at the A&E belonging to Hospital Clínico Universitario San Cecilio (PTS) complaining that they had a burning sensation in their throats and couldn’t swallow.

According to the hospital, they were brought in at five in the morning on Friday after having been out partying in Pradollano all night. They had explained to doctors that they had drunk something, thinking that it was alcohol, in chupito form (shot glasses).

Medical staff carried out tests and diagnosed damage to the oesophagus, especially one of their number with severe damage, who was immediately hospitalised.

It was medical staff at the ski station itself that got the victims down to the city by calling upon the Medical Centre in Zaidín. Driving conditions were poor because of the weather but they managed to get them to the general hospital without incident.

The young men are from Cádiz, Alicante and Valencia and some of whom are friends.

(News/Noticias: Sierra Nevada, Granada, Andalucia)

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles